Artist Studios is currently accepting online submissions from artists who wish to be included in the AS | ARTISTS STUDIOS database.
Artists are selected primarily on the basis of their artwork. AS/Artist Studios expects artists to be committed and have a body of completed work. However, they do not require formal training nor education.
To be considered, all applicants must be 1. located in New York City and the greater metropolitan region; 2. not represented by any New York City gallery, and; 3. not enrolled in an academic program. Artists in residency programs may apply.
Applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you receive an error response please email email@example.com with “Submission” in the subject line.
Moreover, provide a brief bio, artist statement, resume or curriculum vitae, maximum of ten images of artwork, and link to website (if applicable).
AS does not review artist portfolios or meet with artists in person until they have received and reviewed applications. Please allow us up to two weeks for response.
Accepted artists must meet with an AS | ARTISTS STUDIOS representative to present artwork. Further details are provided after acceptance.
OPEN CALL: THINKABOUTSPACE deadline April 20th
Calling all artists, architects, curators, or theoreticians–– do you have ideas regarding new forms of public monuments that you’d like to share? Here’s your chance.
As one element of the international group exhibition Open Monument at Kunstraum Kreuzberg / Bethanien, Germany, running from May 3 to Jun. 16, an online platform of your ideas will be open for submissions. This unique exhibition explores multimedia and transformative historic monuments through the platform THINKABOUTSPACE, alongside 10 international artists’ works in the gallery space–– from installation to documentation of architectural design. Even walking tours through Berlin will be conducted by various residents showing their special, hidden places–– their personal monuments.
The online platform THINKABOUTSPACE will include everything from image, text, sound, video, and architectural models referring to possible ideas for a new historic monument. The stipulations are almost none, the possibilities endless. Material gathered for THINKABOUTSPACE will be infused in the exhibition and projected alongside the works of Open Monument. The deadline for submissions is April 20 and contributions can be nominal or anonymous. Send material to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “proposal for thinkaboutspace”
IKONO & ARTCONNECT BERLIN VIDEO SPOTLIGHT SERIES 2013 - #3 OPEN CALL FOR PAINTERS
ikono invites Berlin based artists to take part in a year-long series of open calls held in collaboration with Artconnect Berlinto promote the visibility of the arts on a local and international scale.
Every other month in 2013, ikono and Artconnect Berlin will encourage submissions of artworks from local artists. Two artworks will be selected from each open call and presented on our local and international media platforms throughout the following months. Each call will focus on a specific artistic medium as a criterion for submission: sculpture, photography, painting, installation and drawing.
We are really happy with the results of our first two open calls, sculpture and photography! We are now ready to move on to the next one: until May 13th, we are searching for submissions of paintings from Berlin based artists. There is no specific theme.
The two artworks selected from each call will be showcased in two unique films produced by ikono. They will be broadcasted on its two internationally viewed HDTV channels, ikonoTV (Germany) and ikonoMENASA (Middle East, Northern Africa and Southern Asia). The videos will also be presented on Artconnect’s and ikono’s blogs, alongside with in-depth interviews with the featured artists conducted by Artconnect Berlin. At the end of 2013, ikono will produce a short retrospective film highlighting all selected works to conclude the series.
The entire collection of open call interviews and films will remain available as an archive on Artconnect Berlin’s and ikono’s websites for general public access.
How to submit:
- You will need an artist’s profile on Artconnect Berlin’s website, which is free and easy to create under www.artconnectberlin.com. Feel free to upload as many files as you want, as this is a great tool to connect with other artists in your area and share your art!
- For the #3 Open Call for Paintings, you should submit one artwork documented through still images. As a general rule, we ask you for up to five images (Max size per image: 1MB). Upon acceptance you will be required to upload a full quality version of the artwork along with full credit information. However, if you want to submit more than 5 images, feel free to contact us at the e-mail address below.
- You must include the following production information in your submission: applicant’s name, country of origin, contact, link to your website (if you have one), link to your Artconnect Berlin profile, a small bio, a short description of your work.
- The artworks must be your property and you must own the full copyrights of it. This applies to all visual and written content.
If you have all the information mentioned above, you are now ready to submit. You can do it at the following link: http://ikono.org/open-call/still-image/ !
We are really looking forward to seeing your paintings! Good luck!
Please send any further questions to: email@example.com
UK-based ArtFinder is accepting applications from artists who want to sell their art on ARTFINDER.
- Artists who sell via the ArtFinder site receive at least %70 of the sale price for their work.
- Artists create their own store on ArtFinder.
- The added advantage is that all secure online payments are managed by ArtFinder.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST TODAY
Alex Joa is in the process of starting up a new art e-commerce site and has recently opened the site up for artist submissions. He asked me to post this call for artists to submit.
CALL FOR ARTISTS: Start Up Site
We are launching a start-up aimed at promote emerging and established artists.
The name of my start-up is Smitsy and the URL is www.smitsy.com.
Our initial plans are to develop broader awareness for our artists as well as to facilitate online sales.
To apply to be part of the initial launch, please email Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
• Resume including date of birth and contact details
• One-page artist statement and bio
• 3 – 5 high quality images of available works and relevant details such as medium, year made, dimensions
No application or listing fees.