Tag Archives: App
Artists Ask For Low Cost Marketing Options: 2 Plans For E-postcard Campaign + Exhibition in Amsterdam
The Artworld app and Artist Marketing Resources connects artists with art collectors and art buyers. Plus we have new ways of getting artists visibility! As part of a new campaign, we are offering 3 new e-postcard marketing plans to the artists who use the ArtWorld app. Artists not yet using the app can get it on iTunes, at no cost, and add their art images. As part of the launch to get the app and the new e-postcard feature in greater use, we’re going to help artists send out lots of e-postcards in 3 marketing plans! Artworld e-postcards are beautifully presented, contain your site link and contact details, artist copyright and can be digitally watermarked.
Here’s what you do–
*Description of our 3 E-Postcard Marketing Plans–
- E-Postcard Marketing Plan-A: For $105USD –we will send out any image of your artwork that your select–yes, you let us know which one of your artworks in your ArtWorld portfolio you want sent in as an e-postcard–and we’ll get it out to 1000 gallerists in New York City and other top art-centers internationally. Plus we will post the e-postcard image to our very popular Pinterest page, and share on Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIN groups and LinkedIN Pulse. Artworld e-postcards are beautifully presented, contain all your contact details, artist copyright and can be digitally watermarked.
- E-Postcard Marketing Plan-B: For 25 Euros or $155USD — A selection of 3 of your e-postcards sent out to the Artist Marketing Resources extensive list of buyers and gallerists. We send only your best works, photographed and succinctly described, out to 1,500 galleries in New York City and other top art centers internationally, post to our popular Pinterest page (which many people tell us they love!), plus share on Twitter to over 40,000 follows, post to our Facebook pages and on Google+, Tumblr, and LinkedIN groups and LinkedIN pulse. We will be offering an option on Facebook for others to select and send out your e-postcards too!
- Exhibition in Amsterdam: CANCELLED –We plan to show a set of 5 printed copies of two of your Artworld art images as postcards at the Art in Redlight Exhibition in Amsterdam. We will project a slide-show of contributors’ work in an eye-catching manner. The exhibition will take place in December 2014. This is subject to the terms of the Exhibition as yet unpublished. We also have alternate plans for sharing printed postcards in other Amsterdam venues.
If you have an questions, or would like to discuss these options, feel free to email Marie Kazalia at email: MarieKazalia@gmail.com or Keith McFarlane at email: email@example.com
Week in Review: Artist Opportunities, Art Collector and Tech Opportunities to Support new ArtWorld App
The Artist Marketing Resources blog shared the news of the ArtWorld app IndieGoGo campaign. Artists are always free to sign-up to use the ArtWorld app to connect with art collectors. Art Collectors and app developers may wish to join in supporting the ArtWorld on IndieGoGo.
The Artist Marketing Resources blog also provided artists with a resource for purchasing fine art acrylic paint direct from the manufacturers at Nova Color , for substantial savings over retail prices.
The following day, we posted an article on art sales sites and art licensing sites, and the day after that we provided artists with news of a magazine seeking art from artists for publication on the cover of their next issue.
At the end of the week, we shared news of a Call to Artists for an opportunity for a July Solo Gallery show at the Napoleon Gallery in Philadelphia.
Week in review: News and Ops for #Artists, April 1-7, 2014
This week on the Artist Marketing Resources blog, we shared news of the ArtWorld apps IndieGoGo crowd funding campaign and the first ArtWorld Print Competition with a cash prize! Read the details here.
Also this week, we let artists know about the First Street Gallery’s Call for Artist Submissions Extended Deadline–and there is still time to submit–here is the link to the prospectus.
Artists and artist assistants continue to contact us for e-copies of our International Art Gallery list PDF
Photographic Artists and their assistants like our new 2014 Photographers Resources to International Photography Reps and agents + much more-–find it here.
We also received an email inquiry regarding our numbers of followers–
The Artist Marketing Resources blog has over 44,000 followers, our LinkedIN group also named Artist Marketing Resources has over 3,000 members.
We are at the maximum number of followers on Google+, and our Twitter accounts have 8,000-12,000 followers per account–@TransArtGuide @Artozon @MarieKazalia @Transmediartist and other Twitter accounts that we manage.
An assistant to one artist wrote and asked “if you are so popular why do you have so few likes on your Facebook page?”
That’s a good question. The reason is that I started The Artist Marketing Resources Facebook page back in the days when Facebook made many FB formatting changes, destroying my layouts and work! I became disenchanted with FB and did nothing for the page for a couple of years, instead concentrating on interactions on my blog and in my LinkedIN group. So now, I am working to re-active The Artist Marketing Resources Facebook page–Please follow and LIKE!
Support the ArtWorld App on IndieGoGo For Great Perks!
Artworld is Crowd-Funding on Indiegogo and Offering Great Perks!
I am contacting you on behalf of Artworld, the online community for artists, art enthusiasts and buyers. I have your email-address as you have registered with us. A good proportion of you will have uploaded work (about half of all who registered). And many of you will know me personally through our correspondence.
As users and often supporters of Artworld, I ask you to help Artworld raise some €10,000 via crowd-funding (roughly $14,000 or £8,300). I invite you to take a close look at our proposal, and at the imaginative, perks we offer in return for your contribution. Here is our campaign-page. The campaign, on Indiegogo, will run for the next 45 days.
Artworld has been growing steadily since its launch. We have around 500 artists, some 5,000 app users, and a regular Facebook audience of around 1000 (there being some 8,000 likes). That’s an excellent result for a one-man pro-bonoinitiative with a tiny promotion and marketing budget. Artworld has spread almost exclusively through personal recommendation: by “word of mouth”.
The number of participants is now enough that additional development work is needed. To support this we have decided on crowd-funding. For a pro bono project such as Artworld, venture capital is not an option. Equally, my personal resources are not so large that I can raise the required investment from a bank. That leaves crowd-funding as the natural and indeed only practicable choice.
Spread the Word!
Other than, or in addition to, a cash contribution, you can support Artworld by sharing our Campaign Page on Facebook, or by copying this email to your own supporters, family and friends. And why not post it on your web-site or blog, or other social media, perhaps even tweet it? Help our campaign go viral! With full funding I can do even more to help Artworld’s artists and the community they represent.
Yours sincerely. Keith McFarlane Artworld Negative Entropy BV Amsterdam The Netherlands
- Artworld App: Get the app in the Apple iTunes Store here.
- Community: Artworld Facebook Page here.
- Crowd-Funding: Artworld IndieGoGO Campaign here.
- Competition: Artworld Arts Artisanal Print Competition details here.
Art Angels, by ArtWorld App Developer Keith McFarlane
Artists Pooling Resources for New Amazon Store
Dear Artists and Readers of Artist Marketing Resources blog
The Transmedia Artist Amazon Store is set-up to sell original art and artist products (such as posters).
The advantage to selling on Amazon is that Amazon has millions of shoppers and the holiday buyer season
If you have a Giclee print or two (etc) you would like to sell in the Transmedia Amazon store.
All sales are on commission basis, but to list, each item must have a UPC or EAN or ISBN etc code.
UPC codes are purchased in blocks of 100.
One artist may not need 100 UPC codes (for $760USD and up to thousands)
So I have purchased 100 UPC codes and will share the UPC codes with each artist
listing in my Transmedia Artist Amazon store.
Or if you wish to purchase your own,
codes can be purchased online here:
Here is the link to the PDF of terms for selling in the Amazon Transmedia Artist Store:
If you would like to take part in the Transmedia Artist Amazon Pro Store sales
Marie Kazalia, Artist Marketing Resources blog owner, and group owner on LinkedIN, Transmedia Artist Marketing owner (http://Transmediartistmarketing.org/wordpress)
You must be logged in to post a comment.