My article on Karen Fitzgerald’s Solar Prints is featured by Xposy Multimedia magazine today. Karen Fitzgerald’s prints are available in a Pop-UP print sale this month–read the details in my article here on Xposy.com.
The goddess Pax symbol of the Mother Bear is the focus of California artist Metrov’s free portrait print offer (valued at $1000) that he will create from your photo sent to him. Find out the how to get yours here.
Artists who add hashtags to their art images get more visibility as they post their work to Instagram. Some hashtags artists use: #abstract #abstractart #abstract_and_contemporary_art #acryliconcanvas #artdealer #artwork #artcollector #artcollectors #artforsale #apartmenttherapy #artlovers #atelier #artistportraits #affordableart #womenartists #artbuyers #buyart Collectart# #collecting #decor #contemporaryart #collect #collage #drawing #draw #drawingaday #thedailysketch #dotsofpaint #FineArtPrints #handpainted #homedecor #interiordesign #interiordecor #interiorstyling #loveart #landscapes #livewithart #limitededition #lowbrowart #mixedmedia #mixedmediaart #officedecor #paint #paintingforsale #pastel #pastelpainting #print #prints #printchat #PRINTMAKING #portrait #sellart
Artists also tag their art images for specific collections and online galleries that feature artists– here are a few:
Art Sanity on Instagram has over 143,000 followers, and they like to showcase the best artwork from undiscovered artists on Instagram. To get your work in front of their curators tag your art images with #artsanity. Two Art Sanity curators seem to like especially feature drawings — view their tastes here and here.
artFido.com has 426,000 followers. ArtFido invites you to tag your art images with @artFido #artFido or #art for a possible feature.
Magic Gallery, with nearly 10K followers, asks you to tag your art photos and videos with #magicgallery for their curators to view and share.
The Art Shed— tag your art with #theartshed for a chance to be featured.
Art of Visuals, color photography–tag with #Artofvisuals or #AOV for feature.
GALLERY_OF_BW, black and white photography–tag your images with #gallery_of_bw
AARTISTIC_DREAMERS, with over 76,000 followers, features talented artists and illustrators. To get their attention hastag your artworks with #aartistic_dreamers for a chance to be featured.
ART_SPOTLIGHT, with 320,000 followers, invites artists to tag their art images with #Art_Spotlight for a feature.
Also, New York City artist Sarah Rosado, SRARTWORK on Instagram with nearly 60,000 followers, offers to share your artwork if you tag it with #srartwork
Angeleno Artistry, a Los Angeles based curated platform for original, affordable art by Los Angeles artists, offers five new unique artist prints by five artists each and every month.
Each month, Angeleno Artistry brings together a group of journalists, gallery owners, museum curators, veteran artists and professors to identify and celebrate five talented Los Angeles artists. These five artists design a limited edition art print to be sold in our online gallery.
On their website, sign up to their mailing list to receive monthly call for artist submissions–
Art Licensing companies, artist agents and artist representatives here.
The Transmedia Artist Guide to Making Artist Submissions ebook here.
Directory of Art Consultants e-list here.
2015 Photographers Resources: International Photography Representatives and Photographer Agents, Gallerists +More here.
Our e-list of Art Magazines, art blogs for #artists to submit to increase visibility is available here.
Fine out about our E-Postcard Marketing Service for Artists here.
Get your art in a Feature Article on the Artist Marketing Resources blog– details here.
The artist-run A-side B-side Gallery was founded in late 2011 by Tinsel Edwards and Catherine Magnani. The gallery, project space, and studios are located on the Village Green within the Hackney Downs Studios creative community in east London, UK. A-side B-side Gallery is dedicated to being an all-inclusive exhibition space– promoting artists from all backgrounds and stages of their careers and inviting a diverse audience to visit their gallery to view the work.
The A-side B-Side Gallery online shop sells limited edition prints and originals by artists who have featured in their shows at their London gallery, who have worked from their studio, as well as works by their favourite artists. They are always on the look out for new and wonderful art and welcome submissions.
If you are an artist looking for more opportunities to sell your art prints, Artist Marketing Resources continually researches and adds new information to our extensive e-list of Art Print Sales Resources for artists –get it here and here.
We took a few days off during the Christmas holiday week and now we’re back to share the really great Studio Visit site that artists and collectors will want to know about. It’s an artist studio reservation service that is provided completely free to artists and collectors.
Studio Visit is a website for collectors to make reservations to visit artist studios searchable by city and country. So far, the main studio locations listed are cities in Germany, Spain, Mexico, Belgium and the Netherlands. Once you add your studio location your city will appear in the available locations.
Artists simply register with their studio address, name, and at least one picture of their studio. Artist/studios can add up to ten pictures of their studio space, up to ten images of their artwork, a Google map view, artist CV/Statement and other menu options.
The Studio Visit website provides a booking system. Through this system potential buyers and collectors will request a studio visit only on the days, times, and for the duration that the artist or studio configures. The booking system will ask for basic contact information from the collector that will be seen only by the artist/ studio they request to visit.
Once a collector books a studio visit reservation the studio will receive an email. In the studio account menu option RESERVATION MANAGE the reservation booking can be approved or rejected. If approved the collector will receive an email and can only go ahead with the studio visit appointment with this confirmation email.
Our International Art Gallery Directory and other artist resources are now available in our new Selz store, with more payment options.
Click on these links to our other resources in our new store:
Other Resources for artists:
The Big Ink website and blog has a current call to artists to take part in a collaborative large woodcut project. Monumental prints inspire artists and the public alike to think big, set long-term goals, and have the perseverance to see complex projects to fruition.
Each year artists from all backgrounds including sculpture, photography, painting, and print participate. Artists are invited to submit a proposal to create a woodcut at least 24 x 36 inches in dimension via an open call for entry. If accepted, artists are given two months to carve their image into a piece of plywood. At the end of the two months, all the artists meet for a printing session at a local print studio and help one another print their woodcuts onto paper. Typically between 30 to 36 hand pulled prints are produced during two days of printing sessions. Each artist donates one print to the BIG INK portfolio.
The Printeresting site welcomes submissions for Printeresting content: artwork, news, exhibitions, book releases, reviews, or random moments of print. They also accept submissions from guest contributors. If you’d like submit an article for possible inclusion on Printeresting, please register on the site and a password will be emailed to you. Then log in, draft a post, and submit it to Printeresting editorial review
Printeresting, as a rule, does not publish announcements for kick starters or other fundraisers, calls for entry, holiday sales, and other opportunities. But feel free to use their classifieds page to share these types of items.
From first view, the Art365 Gallery website has the look of an online art magazine, IMO. Although they refer to themselves as both an online art gallery and an art blog. You’ll find Featured Artists, Galleries, Glass Artists, and Art News.
Visual artists and glass artists are invited to submit for a permanent spot on this site.
– Send a text in 300-500 characters about you, your artworks and perhaps a few words about your art technique.
– A link to your website/Facebook page.
– 6-8 quality images of your art.
They will rewrite a unique text about you and your art, show the best of your artworks and link to your website and Facebook fan page from their art blog (it’s a 100% free service). You’ll find the full details on their website.
Works.io is a sophisticated artist driven platform with a professional portfolio and CV tool for emerging fine artists to create online visibility.
Works.io is something like an artist directory, yet, when artists sign up for free they have a dashboard allowing them to add images of their art, their exhibition news, and more. Works.io also offers a monthly selection of emerging artists with more extensive text about each artist showcased. Works.io selects sophisticated art in low-key tones for their feature.
These relatively new sites have been added to our 57 page e-list of art magazines, blogs, and artist directories.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 1, 2015
Please read the instructions below carefully to find out how and where to submit your art.
These are just the basics. Find more information about the Twitter Art Exhibit on the website: www.twitterartexhibit.org
Twitter Art Exhibit: Moss is an international exhibition of original postcard art benefiting Home-Start Moss charity.
Social media plays a major role in Twitter Art Exhibit. The event will be highly publicized and well attended by art buyers and enthusiasts, members of the press, local artists and the community, as well as by the staff of Home-Start Moss, and the families they support.
To Participate in the #TwitterArtExhibit PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Pay special attention to the materials, size and medium requirements described below. Artwork that does not meet these requirements will be rejected.
1) You must be a Twitter user to participate in Twitter Art Exhibit: Moss. Make sure to follow @twitrartexhibit, as well as the hashtag #twitterartexhibit. Don’t forget to visit www.twitterartexhibit.org for updates!
2) Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading Twitter Art Exhibit: Moss to indicate your interest in participating. This is your pre-registration, and allows us to plan ahead for the exhibition. You are fully registered when your work is received at the destination.
3) Create a postcard-sized original piece of art. Standard postcard sizes are required: 6.3 x 4.7 inches or 16 x 12 cm MAXIMUM (see detailed size, medium & material requirements below).
4) Include complete information* on the back of your card: a) real name, b) @twittername, c) city, + country d) e-mail, e) website and f) artwork title. This will be helpful to buyers and organizers alike, and will be used to print labels placed next to each card at the gallery.
5) Mail your postcard in an envelope via Regular First Class Mail (or international equivalent) to the following address:
- POSTCARD MATERIALS: Thick, good quality paper is preferred, but thin cardboard will also do.
- MEDIUMS: Postcards must be signed, handmade originals in any of the following 2D mediums: Watercolor, acrylic, oil, ink, gouache, mixed media, collage, pencil, charcoal and pastel. Please use spray fixative for gritty mediums, and remember to properly prime/gesso your surfaces if you work with oils, allowing them to fully dry before shipping. Linocuts, woodcuts, lithographs (printmaking) are accepted IF they are the correct size, hand-signed and “one off” originals (1/1). NOT ALLOWED: Photographs*, digital art, art that is laser/inkjet or machine-printed, any copies, duplications or reproductions (computer or otherwise). A printed promotional postcard does not constitute an original piece of art and will not be accepted. And please, nothing perishable, toxic or otherwise harmful. *In recent years we have decided to steer away from photography and digital art due to the large amount of low-quality prints received, and so as to focus on the “handmade”.
- DIMENSIONS/FORMAT: This is an exhibition of postcard art, so your artwork should resemble that (art on one side, your info on the other). The maximum size allowed is 6.3 x 4.7 inches (16 x 12 cm). Slightly smaller versions are fine.
- NO JURY, NO THEME (OPEN EXHIBITION): Any professional or amateur artist in reach of our voice is invited!
- NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS PER ARTIST:Please send only ONE card per artist.
- ENTER EARLY:Postcards must be received at the above address by March 1, 2015 to be included in the exhibition. Late entries will not be accepted. Allow at least 10 business days for shipping if you reside in continental Europe. Allow at least two weeks (14 business days) anywhere else.
- NO PARTICIPATION FEES: there is no fee to enter. 100% of proceeds for postcard sales go to charity.
- ARTWORK PRICING: The sale price will be $35 USD (200kr) per card. Many, if not all of these cards are worth a lot more, but this will allow the general public to purchase them easily.
- SHIPPING METHOD: Please ship your work, well protected in an envelope via regular first class mail.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- WHEN ORGANIZERS RECEIVE YOUR POSTCARD, THEY WILL:
1) Capture the image and send you a Twitter shout-out using the hashtag #twitterartexhibit (check the @connect tab on your Twitter account for your mention)
2) Post it to an album on their Facebook page (visit us to see if your card has arrived).
3) Enter your info in a database that will be used for printing labels, which will be placed next to the card at the exhibit.
- ONE POSTCARD = MANY TWEETS » SPREAD THE WORD!
The Twitter Art Exhibit Twitter account is @twitrartexhibit. Please follow us! We appreciate RTs and mentions. We suggest you post a pic of your card on Twitter before mailing it, and use the hashtag #twitterartexhibit so that we can share the love! If you wish, curator David Sandum may be reached at @DavidSandum, and TwitterArtExhibit board members Maria Pedrero and Nat George may be reached at @robinpedrero and @natgeorgela, respectively. You may also connect with Helen Mollatt from Home-Start Moss at @HomeStartMoss.
- AFTER THE EXHIBITION:
All work received will be considered a donation and will not be returned to the sender, even if it remains unsold. Any unsold art will be donated to the charity to use as they see fit (i.e. create a mural with remaining pieces to commemorate the event, or sell remaining work at future fundraisers).
- VIDEO / BOOK: It’s possible that a video and/or book may be produced. This will remain at the discretion of the local organizer, time and resources allowing.
- 100% of funds raised by Twitter Art Exhibit go to the chosen charity.
Artist Kyle Bryant offers print subscriptions of his handmade linocut prints. His black and white prints, in signed and numbered editions of 100, explore the architecture and street culture of his home city of Barcelona, Spain.
Throughout this year Kyle has created one of his handmade linocut prints for each month using the city of Barcelona as his muse. Print motifs combine human forms with elements of the city and titled with an acronym for BCN, Barcelona’s city nickname.
September – Birds Circling Nearby
Small prints start at just $35.00 and a single full-size limited edition print goes for $100. A full set of Bryant’s Cultural Narrative prints go for $500. Find the full details in the rewards section of the artist’s Kickstarter project here. Or visit the artist’s website here.
October: Broken, Construction Necessary
January – Before Coffee Nothing
June – Boards Create Noise
We’ve sent out artist e-postcards to top art galleries currently reviewing work. The e-postcards are e-mailed individually along with the link to the artist’s website. There are two e-postcard marketing option for artists. Click here for details on E-Postcard Marketing Plan A. Click here for E-Postcard Marketing Plan B.
DesignByHumans art sales site pays artists royalties on their art and designs printed as art prints and on apparel.
Artists get their own easy to manage storefront within the Design By Humans site, that comes with options for place their artwork on a selection of quality products. The site helps artists reach millions of people who love and appreciate art. Design By Humans will then produce and fulfill all the custom products that buyers purchase and ship them directly. Artists do this all while keeping the rights to their artwork.
Apply to sell on the DesignByHumans site.
Get our Art Sales Sites resource e-list here.
While we’ve frequently mentioned our Art Gallery list and Art Magazine list in our blog posts of late, we haven’t yet mentioned our web store until now. Visit the Artist Marketing Resources web store to browse and shop here. Right now there are ten items in our web store for visual artists. Plus we have plans for adding more artist resources to our store soon.