The Red Files’ Open Call 27.08.15 – 12.09.2015
Curated by Ismail Erbil Deadline for applications: Friday 7th August 2015
The Red Files is the fourth and final Open Call exhibition at Schwartz Gallery for 2015. The Open Call format has created exhibition opportunities throughout the year for emerging contemporary artists and tested curatorial concepts within the space. Juxtaposing ideas of colour and order The Red Files investigates psychological versus physical space within concepts of the contemporary. Occupying the abstract yet being rooted in a physical ordering The Red Files invites artists to submit work that responds to ideas of untold stories, latent expressions of the self and inverted systems of classification. The gallery space will be reformed through the use of divisions reenforcing ideas of transition and repetition by concealing and revealing physical and perceptual space.
If you would like to be part of ‘The Red Files’ please continue to the applications guidelines below:
Deadline for applications: Friday 7th August 2015
Selected artists announced on Schwartz Gallery website: Wednesday 12th August 2015
Private view: Thursday 27th August 2015 6 – 8.30 p.m
Exhibition dates: 27/08/15 – 12/09/2015
Opening Hours: Thursday – Saturday 1 – 6 p.m or by appointment
Application and processing fee: £12 (via paypal) per application of up to two artworks per artist. The fee is non-refundable. Please include your PayPal Payment Reference Number when completing the ‘The Red Files’ application form.
* ‘The Red Files’ is open to artists living and working in London and the U.K only.
* Work across all media will be considered. There is no size restriction.
* Each Applicant can submit up to two pieces of work, saved as JPG files no larger than 1MB per image ( 2 images in total maximum per applicant).
* Each applicant should attach a one page CV when submitting their application (word doc or pdf).
*No late submissions will be accepted.
* The Gallery will not consider artists work with images larger than the 1MB per image limit. These applicants will not be considered.
*All works must have been made since 2014.
*Applicants should be aged 18 and over at the time of applying.
* Number each image to correspond to the work list on the application form.
* Schwartz Gallery reserves the right to not display any artwork that is significantly different from the art that was accepted from the submission.
* Work submitted must be available and remain on display until the end of the exhibition with selected artists signing a consignment form.
* Work will need to be collected at the end of the exhibition (Selected artists will be contacted regarding the delivery and collection dates). The gallery can arrange for work to be posted back to the artists as long as all costs and packaging have been covered by the artists.
* Artists are advised to insure their own works. The gallery will not be responsible for theft, loss or damage to their work.
* Once artists have delivered work, the hanging of the show will be the responsibility of the gallery/curator.
Exhibited works may be photographed for promotional purposes.
The gallery reserves the right to extend the application deadline and re-schedule the exhibition dates.
Please e-mail your completed application form and all required support materials to email@example.com with your name and ‘The Red Files’ in the subject title. Please address your message to Ismail Erbil.
You must be logged in to post a comment.