Art Marketing Site Promotes Artists and Art Galleries in Unique Ways by Dean Cameron
Having had a 30 year career in Marketing and owning an Online Art Gallery and Publishing business since 2002, it is obvious that “times are a changing”. While there is nothing inherently wrong with traditional methods such as Gallery Representation, Art Shows and such, they are rendered somewhat incomplete with today’s super connected world that we live in. Social Media Networking is paramount to the vast majority of up and coming artists and that is not just Facebook. Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Stumble Upon, LinkedIn and now YouTube offer unique opportunities and diverse clientele to develop an artist’s brand and to stay connected to interested potential clients. So is Social Media the answer to a successful art career? I would say this. As Social Media came on like a storm so will the next best vehicle (we don’t know what it will be yet because some 12-year-old is inventing it in their mind right now) so we need to be as current as we can be.
One thing I have learned in 30 years of Marketing is that opportunities come from many directions. So our Marketing Plan should take advantage of that and cast a wide net. An Artist needs to have a complete tool box in which to develop their market and build their art creating business. We have developed that Tool Box. www.flootie.com creates a menu of items an artist can choose from in order to best suit their plans. Most “Art for Sale” Internet Sites are what we call “Post it and Forget it” type sites. You post your book of work online and hope that someone comes along and makes a purchase. www.flootie.com is not that type of Internet Marketing Site. We offer the following features for artists to be proactive in their efforts to sell their works and create their brand.
- Flootie offers a free listing in our International Artists Directory (see Registration link for Artists and follow prompts).
- Flootie offers a free listing in our International Art Gallery Directory. Our site works well for Artists and their Gallery partners to work together to market an artist’s brand (see Registration link for Artists and follow prompts).
- Flootie offers very affordable subscription levels and does not charge upload fees or commissions on sales.
- Flootie offers one on one support to answer marketing questions
- Flootie offers all major Social Media links for sharing directly from your art listing. You can share to your network and anyone else can share your works with their networks in an easy efficient method.
- Flootie offers a direct email invitation tool to share your activity on Flootie.
- Flootie offers a method to automatically share your latest posts with any fan who selects you as a favorite artist in a “once per week” email notification.
- Flootie offers an option to embed your Google Calendar to your page to keep people informed of your shows and exhibitions.
- Flootie offers an option to include a video on your page to bring life to your relationships with potential clients.
- Flootie charges no commissions for sales so you can drive potential clients to your website, or any other location you wish to generate traffic to. We are not competition. We are your marketing supercharger.
- Flootie offers a blog for subscriber artists to post their latest stories, reflections and insights.
- Flootie owns and operates our own TV Studio and produces Flootie TV now being shown in 7 states on 8 Public TV Stations with that number growing fast. Flootie TV incorporates a “general public” approach to the arts with some comedic shorts as well as serious artist interviews. Think of it as “The Tonight Show” for the arts.
- Flootie is a socially conscious company and has an ongoing program called “Artists Forever” that awards art supplies grants to grade school art classes to empower teachers to supplement their meager art budgets in the school systems and develop the next generation of creatives.
This is by no means the end of this list. Flootie is well underway with even more creative tools for artists to connect with art lovers. Our mission is to make the term “Starving Artist” obsolete. We would look forward to seeing you as a fan, an artist or an art related business. We are a grass-roots and privately owned entity with the sole intention to bring the artists and art lovers together in an intentional way.
About Dean Cameron
Dean Cameron has a 30 year career in Sales and Marketing in numerous industries resulting in relationships with many Fortune 500 Companies. Dean is an Art Collector and owner of American Fine Art Company and Flootie.com (subsidiaries of Highlander Enterprises LLC) and resides with his family in Spokane Valley, WA.
You must be logged in to post a comment.