SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 1, 2015
Please read the instructions below carefully to find out how and where to submit your art.
These are just the basics. Find more information about the Twitter Art Exhibit on the website: www.twitterartexhibit.org
Twitter Art Exhibit: Moss is an international exhibition of original postcard art benefiting Home-Start Moss charity.
Social media plays a major role in Twitter Art Exhibit. The event will be highly publicized and well attended by art buyers and enthusiasts, members of the press, local artists and the community, as well as by the staff of Home-Start Moss, and the families they support.
To Participate in the #TwitterArtExhibit PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Pay special attention to the materials, size and medium requirements described below. Artwork that does not meet these requirements will be rejected.
1) You must be a Twitter user to participate in Twitter Art Exhibit: Moss. Make sure to follow @twitrartexhibit, as well as the hashtag #twitterartexhibit. Don’t forget to visit www.twitterartexhibit.org for updates!
2) Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading Twitter Art Exhibit: Moss to indicate your interest in participating. This is your pre-registration, and allows us to plan ahead for the exhibition. You are fully registered when your work is received at the destination.
3) Create a postcard-sized original piece of art. Standard postcard sizes are required: 6.3 x 4.7 inches or 16 x 12 cm MAXIMUM (see detailed size, medium & material requirements below).
4) Include complete information* on the back of your card: a) real name, b) @twittername, c) city, + country d) e-mail, e) website and f) artwork title. This will be helpful to buyers and organizers alike, and will be used to print labels placed next to each card at the gallery.
5) Mail your postcard in an envelope via Regular First Class Mail (or international equivalent) to the following address:
- POSTCARD MATERIALS: Thick, good quality paper is preferred, but thin cardboard will also do.
- MEDIUMS: Postcards must be signed, handmade originals in any of the following 2D mediums: Watercolor, acrylic, oil, ink, gouache, mixed media, collage, pencil, charcoal and pastel. Please use spray fixative for gritty mediums, and remember to properly prime/gesso your surfaces if you work with oils, allowing them to fully dry before shipping. Linocuts, woodcuts, lithographs (printmaking) are accepted IF they are the correct size, hand-signed and “one off” originals (1/1). NOT ALLOWED: Photographs*, digital art, art that is laser/inkjet or machine-printed, any copies, duplications or reproductions (computer or otherwise). A printed promotional postcard does not constitute an original piece of art and will not be accepted. And please, nothing perishable, toxic or otherwise harmful. *In recent years we have decided to steer away from photography and digital art due to the large amount of low-quality prints received, and so as to focus on the “handmade”.
- DIMENSIONS/FORMAT: This is an exhibition of postcard art, so your artwork should resemble that (art on one side, your info on the other). The maximum size allowed is 6.3 x 4.7 inches (16 x 12 cm). Slightly smaller versions are fine.
- NO JURY, NO THEME (OPEN EXHIBITION): Any professional or amateur artist in reach of our voice is invited!
- NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS PER ARTIST:Please send only ONE card per artist.
- ENTER EARLY:Postcards must be received at the above address by March 1, 2015 to be included in the exhibition. Late entries will not be accepted. Allow at least 10 business days for shipping if you reside in continental Europe. Allow at least two weeks (14 business days) anywhere else.
- NO PARTICIPATION FEES: there is no fee to enter. 100% of proceeds for postcard sales go to charity.
- ARTWORK PRICING: The sale price will be $35 USD (200kr) per card. Many, if not all of these cards are worth a lot more, but this will allow the general public to purchase them easily.
- SHIPPING METHOD: Please ship your work, well protected in an envelope via regular first class mail.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- WHEN ORGANIZERS RECEIVE YOUR POSTCARD, THEY WILL:
1) Capture the image and send you a Twitter shout-out using the hashtag #twitterartexhibit (check the @connect tab on your Twitter account for your mention)
2) Post it to an album on their Facebook page (visit us to see if your card has arrived).
3) Enter your info in a database that will be used for printing labels, which will be placed next to the card at the exhibit.
- ONE POSTCARD = MANY TWEETS » SPREAD THE WORD!
The Twitter Art Exhibit Twitter account is @twitrartexhibit. Please follow us! We appreciate RTs and mentions. We suggest you post a pic of your card on Twitter before mailing it, and use the hashtag #twitterartexhibit so that we can share the love! If you wish, curator David Sandum may be reached at @DavidSandum, and TwitterArtExhibit board members Maria Pedrero and Nat George may be reached at @robinpedrero and @natgeorgela, respectively. You may also connect with Helen Mollatt from Home-Start Moss at @HomeStartMoss.
- AFTER THE EXHIBITION:
All work received will be considered a donation and will not be returned to the sender, even if it remains unsold. Any unsold art will be donated to the charity to use as they see fit (i.e. create a mural with remaining pieces to commemorate the event, or sell remaining work at future fundraisers).
- VIDEO / BOOK: It’s possible that a video and/or book may be produced. This will remain at the discretion of the local organizer, time and resources allowing.
- 100% of funds raised by Twitter Art Exhibit go to the chosen charity.