The nineteenth COLLISIONcollective exhibition will open at the Boston Cyberarts Gallery in Jamaica Plain (Boston) on Friday, June 14, 2013. They’d love to consider what you’ve been working on for inclusion in the show.
If you’d like to participate, your submissions are due before midnight (eastern time, UTC-05:00), May 11, 2013.
• Judging will be final by May 18, 2013, with notifications going out the same day[/*]
• The show is scheduled for installation the week of June 9, 2013.[/*]
• Opening will be 6-9 PM, Friday, June 14, 2013.[/*]
• The show will be up for six weeks, coming down on July 27, 2013.[/*]
You are invited to submit through: http://collisioncollective.org/mysubs
In order to submit, first add yourself as a website user (if you haven’t already done so for a prior submission), log in, and then use the My Submissions navigation link to submit your proposal. After initially submitting, you can edit your proposal up until the submission deadline. If you have several works to enter, multiple submissions are fine, but generally only one piece per person will be accepted unless they are a series. You may submit a proposal for a piece yet to be realized, but the likelihood of its completion will be considered during judging. The Cyberarts Gallery will comfortably house moderately-sized artworks and installations, but space is somewhat limited. Please limit your proposed work a maximum size of 8*8*8 feet (2.4*2.4*2.4 meters) as really large projections, etc. will negatively impact the number of works to be shown.
As ever, works will be judged according to the following criteria (in decreasing order of importance):
• art / technology — be techno in production or product[/*]
• safe — do not be dangerous to patrons[/*]
• completed / available — be available including artist[/*]
• fits space — be a team player[/*]
• exciting / novel — be fun and unique[/*]
• thought provoking — be smart[/*]
• crafty — be quality[/*]
Some examples of recent works accepted into COLLISIONcollective shows can be found at http://collisioncollective.org/artwork. Please take these as a general guide to the genre covered, but not as a limitation of your creative parameters. We want to see your ideas!
Please note: Artists are responsible for delivery, pickup, and installation of all work. If you are not in the Boston area and you need us to install your work, you may mail your ready-to-hang work to us in a secure container but you will need to pay for all shipping and insurance, both to and from the gallery. Transit to and from the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
Boston Cyberarts Gallery
141 Green Street
Jamaica Plain (Boston), Massachusetts Massachusetts 02130
United States of America